Do you want to quickly map a drive, but can’t find the toolbar button? If you amp drives often, you can use one of these options to add a Map Drive button to the folder toolbar.
- Click Start, click My Computer, right-click the toolbar, then unlock the toolbars, if necessary.
- Right-click the toolbar again, and then click Customize.
- Under Available toolbar buttons, locate Map Drive, and drag it into the position you want on the right under Current toolbar buttons.
- Click Close, click OK, and then click OK again.
You now have drive mapping buttons on your toolbar, so you can map drives from any folder windows. To unmap drives, follow the above procedure, selecting Disconnect under Available toolbar buttons.
To quickly map a drive, try this options:
- Click Start, and right-click My Computer.
- Click Map Network Drive.
If you place your My Computer icon directly on the desktop, you can make this move in only two clicks.