Firefox 4 is expected to be released later this year. Mozilla had hoped to release Firefox 4 in 2010 but a longer-than-expected testing process discovered hundreds of bugs forcing the date back. If you want a sneak peek of Firefox , you can download the Release Candidate (Firefox 4 RC) here.
Here are some of the new features/major improvements in Firefox .
- Firefox 4 includes an updated interface for all platforms that’s sleeker and easier to use.
- Introduction of hardware acceleration makes websites respond faster to rich and interactive content such as games, apps and photos.
- WebGL graphics language renders 3D graphics without plug-ins.
- New account set-up makes it easier to sync your browser between your Desktop and mobile.
- Revamped Firefox Add-ons Manager lets you customize how you manage add-ons.
- New features such as App Tabs and Panorama aim to make it easier to browse the web.
- Introduction of Firefox Sync, which lets you sync your Awesome Bar history, bookmarks, open tabs and passwords between your Desktop and mobile browser.
- General performance, stability and memory usage improvements.
- Do Not Track feature introduced to help you block adverts that track your behavior online.
- Improved performance and responsiveness when watching videos online.